- Deer hunting is allowed in the following categories;
- Private Land - Archery: Stonington & Voluntown/North
- Private Land - Muzzle Loader: Stonington* & Voluntown/North
- Private Land - Shotgun/Rifle: Stonington* (rifle hunting not
allowed) & Voluntown/North Stonington
* If the number of members allowed to hunt deer in Stonington needs to be
limited, the hunters will be chosen by a lottery. The Executive Board will
determine the number of hunters allowed to hunt deer.
- Private Land Consent Forms should be completely filled out prior to
being signed by either the President, Vice President or any authorized
Executive Board member. As of the Fall 2014 season, Bill Salisbury and
Ray Thiel are authorized to sign the consent forms.
- Hunting by family members (Eligible family members are the spouse, and children, grandchildren, and stepchildren who are under 18 years old) is allowed on the Voluntown/North Stonington property only. Family members must have their own, signed Private Land Consent forms and can only hunt when accompanied by the related Club member. A Club member may accompany only one Family member at a time. The Club member is responsible for the actions of their family members.
- The bag limit on the Voluntown/North Stonington property is no more than two deer (one deer of either sex and one antlerless deer) per member per calendar year. Deer taken by Family members apply to the memberís annual Club bag limit.
- Adult Family members must hunt within 100 yards of the related Club member to allow easy verbal communication. Junior hunters (ages 12 to 15) must hunt in the immediate vicinity of the related Club member to allow full supervision at all times.
- The bag limit on the Stonington property is one deer of either sex per season. The season on the Stonington property is defined as starting in mid-September and ending at the end of January of the following calendar year. The exact dates that the season starts and ends are as defined each year by the Connecticut DEEP.
- The construction and/or use of permanent tree stands or putting nails or spikes in trees are prohibited on Club property.
- All deer hunting, including youth hunts will be conducted in full compliance with Connecticut Hunting Laws and Regulations.
- Deer hunters hunting on the Stonington property must sign in and out using the logbook kept opposite the vending machines inside the clubhouse. Deer hunters hunting at the Voluntown/North Stonington property must sign in and out in accordance with the Voluntown/North Stonington Grounds Rules.