Rules and Regulations
SKEET AND TRAP FIELD RULES
- Guns must be open at all times except when on station or in the racks.
- Eye and ear protection is mandatory for all persons on and near the ranges.
- Shoot only at targets that are in the normal trajectory.
- Load only when on station, unload before leaving the station.
- Maximum shot size is #7 ½ lead and #7 steel.
- No use of alcohol before shooting and no alcohol on the ranges when in use.
- You are responsible for your guests and their actions.
- All trap machines must be left un-cocked when finished.
- Only operate traps after you have been shown the proper procedures.
- Never attempt to repair the machines, call Bill Vorra 860-535-1037.
- Sweep any and all target breakage around the traps.
- Log the target counter and sign the sheet when opening and closing.
- Un-cock all traps and verify this before leaving.
- Close and secure the trap windows.
- Close the houses after filling the traps.
- Sign the payment sheet and pay for all rounds.
- Count the money, wrap in the payment sheet and write the total on the sheet, place in the payment box in the center house.
- Do not leave money or sign-up sheets in the skeet house.
- Lock doors after shutting off all lights.
- Report trap problems to Bill Vorra 860-535-1037.
- Pick up all hulls and trash, flatten and put target boxes in the recycle dumpster.
- Regular Skeet traps can stall in cold weather resulting in severe damage.
- Operate only after you understand cold weather operating procedures.
Trap House Rules
- You must see Bill Vorra to receive the usage instructions for the trap.
- A key will be furnished after you are checked out.
- Sign the log hanging with the cord when opening and closing.
- Verify that the trap is un-cocked before entering the house.
- Get targets from the center skeet house.
- Verify that the trap is un-cocked before locking the house.
- Report any problem to Bill Vorra 860-535-1037.
- On days when the fields are busy, please wait between rounds.
- Members have precedence over non-member guests at such times.
- On match days, the home and visiting teams have preference.
- Please assist work parties and support the raffles and special events.
- Re-fill the wood box if you use the stove.
- You are responsible to clean up after your dog.
We are fortunate that the club has a very liberal skeet field policy. Most clubs require a Skeet Committee member to be present in order to use the fields. Strict adherence to these rules by all will ensure that we are able to retain this policy.
Rules and Regulations